- The government targeted the development and operation of biogas installations in 2012 amounted to 8000 units.
According to the Director of New Renewable Energy and Energy Conservation (EBTKE), Ayuni Maryam, "In 2012 we targeted a minimum of 8000 units of biogas installations can be installed and operational," she said.
- Jakarta - The Indonesian government is currently preparing a legal umbrella in the form of a presidential decree to achieve the target of greenhouse gas reduction by 26 percent nationwide by 2020.
- According to Darwin Zahedy Saleh as Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources, that based on studies conducted by PT State Electricity Company (PLN Persero), it is found that Indonesia capable to build about one million units of biogas, the figure is equivalent to saving 900 million liters of kerosene or 700 thousand tons of LPG/ year.
- The Head of Upstream Oil and Gas Supervisory Agency (BPMIGAS), R. Priyono predicted that the state revenue from upstream oil and gas sector exceed the target set by National Budget Rp 260 trillion.
It is predicted that upstream oil and gas industry could produce Rp 261, 8 trillion.
- Priyono stated that this result was achieved because oil and gas production combination reached 2, 461 million barrel of oil equivalent per day. This production increased 4 % than 2009 which produced 2, 366 million barrel of oil equivalent per day. Oil and gas production in barrel of oil equivalent keep on increasing as a result of the better performance of natural gas production.
- In facing the issue of climate change, President of Indonesia has determined the target emission decreasing CO2 for 26% by 2020, 6% of it will come from energy sector. Based on Presidential Decree Number 5/2006 has determined clear target to optimize Indonesian Energy mix by 2025, which is to improve renewable energy portion minimally up to 17%. Later on, The Directorate General of Renewable Energy and Energy Conservation has committed further to reach the vision of 25/25, which is to reach 25% of energy mix coming from new energy and renewable by 2025.